I had this big giant blog post all written, trying to articulate exactly how I felt last Saturday night. (Needless to say I wasn’t in a good place that night. We all have those moments. It’s just that I tend to sit down with my laptop and word vomit when I feel that way. And then post it for the world to read.)
Last Saturday, I was feeling down and out. Then I read this from one of my favorite writers. Here’s a big giant clickable link:
She nailed it. And she’s a much better writer than me. So I’ll let her tell it.
And I’ll append to it by saying that we have a right to complain sometimes. Just because we complain does not mean we aren’t grateful.
I am always grateful. But I am also tired. I am also frustrated. I am lonely (sometimes) and overwhelmed.
And all of that is okay. This feeling, too, shall pass.
Why stop now? Keep reading, friend.
- May 28, 2013 Ten words to describe infertility I haven't meant to be on hiatus. There's a bit of poopy times going on in my world, and until it passes and I can talk about it, I wanted to share this splendid little blog entry I stumbled upon.
- January 16, 2020 What happened when I gave up Facebook Today marks two months since I gave up social media. Things are different—and way, way better.
- August 20, 2013 Resolutions for Year Two 365 days of being a parent have taught me much. I have a few ideas of things I'll do differently in Peanut's Year #2.
- February 18, 2018 February Funk It's February in Iowa, and I'm depressed. Not in the funny-ha-ha way you mean it when your favorite restaurant closes. I'm really, truly, and clinically depressed. Which is terrifying to talk about in such a public way. But I'm not giving up.
- April 29, 2016 Everybody Hates You I have an inner voice, and she's a Mean Girl. She tells me lies, makes claims without proof, and seems to know everything. I call her Regina George. Here's some of the bullshit she whispers in my ear.