I had this big giant blog post all written, trying to articulate exactly how I felt last Saturday night. (Needless to say I wasn’t in a good place that night. We all have those moments. It’s just that I tend to sit down with my laptop and word vomit when I feel that way. And then post it for the world to read.)
Last Saturday, I was feeling down and out. Then I read this from one of my favorite writers. Here’s a big giant clickable link:
She nailed it. And she’s a much better writer than me. So I’ll let her tell it.
And I’ll append to it by saying that we have a right to complain sometimes. Just because we complain does not mean we aren’t grateful.
I am always grateful. But I am also tired. I am also frustrated. I am lonely (sometimes) and overwhelmed.
And all of that is okay. This feeling, too, shall pass.
Why stop now? Keep reading, friend.
- June 19, 2019 Jay and the 23andMe Mystery I've always wanted to be part of one of those 23andMe-induced family-secret-unearthing stories, but I was certain that my farm-roots family meant there'd be no surprises. Then came an out-of-the-blue email from a guy named Jay.
- October 9, 2012 Evolving In Peanut's first picture, she's just a bundle of cells. Four weeks later, she had a beating heart. This complicates my formerly simple views on a contentious issue: abortion.
- September 25, 2011 The News: Getting the results of our iVF cycle The phone rang. "Are you somewhere you can talk?" the nurse asked. With that, I already knew what she was going to say. Our first attempt at IVF, our first fresh cycle, had failed. Is there an upside to this? I try my damnedest to find a […]
- November 20, 2013 Transfer Day Eve, aka Groundhog Day On the eve of my embryo transfer, I'm not thinking about tomorrow. I'm thinking about December 9, 2011, and trying my damnedest to have my own little Groundhog Day.
- January 11, 2012 A Delicate Balance Is it dangerous to know too much about the possible bad outcomes? How can you keep the happy ending in mind when your head is contemplating a Quentin Tarantino ending?