I had this big giant blog post all written, trying to articulate exactly how I felt last Saturday night. (Needless to say I wasn’t in a good place that night. We all have those moments. It’s just that I tend to sit down with my laptop and word vomit when I feel that way. And then post it for the world to read.)
Last Saturday, I was feeling down and out. Then I read this from one of my favorite writers. Here’s a big giant clickable link:
She nailed it. And she’s a much better writer than me. So I’ll let her tell it.
And I’ll append to it by saying that we have a right to complain sometimes. Just because we complain does not mean we aren’t grateful.
I am always grateful. But I am also tired. I am also frustrated. I am lonely (sometimes) and overwhelmed.
And all of that is okay. This feeling, too, shall pass.
Why stop now? Keep reading, friend.
- May 28, 2013 Ten words to describe infertility I haven't meant to be on hiatus. There's a bit of poopy times going on in my world, and until it passes and I can talk about it, I wanted to share this splendid little blog entry I stumbled upon.
- August 20, 2013 Resolutions for Year Two 365 days of being a parent have taught me much. I have a few ideas of things I'll do differently in Peanut's Year #2.
- February 18, 2018 February Funk It's February in Iowa, and I'm depressed. Not in the funny-ha-ha way you mean it when your favorite restaurant closes. I'm really, truly, and clinically depressed. Which is terrifying to talk about in such a public way. But I'm not giving up.
- April 29, 2016 Everybody Hates You I have an inner voice, and she's a Mean Girl. She tells me lies, makes claims without proof, and seems to know everything. I call her Regina George. Here's some of the bullshit she whispers in my ear.
- August 20, 2015 She’s at the end of her rope Do you ever feel like you might just lose it? (Face it, moms. We all have those moments.) So why don't we talk about it? This is me, mid-meltdown. In all its ugliness.